It is an ideal solution to the applications of virtualization integration, media, and entertainment, or large scale surveillance; and also backup and disaster recovery in enterprise, SMB, or ROBO (Remote Office/Branch Office) deployments.
The ULYS SAN series integrates Intel® processor that is optimized for enterprise SAN and cloud storage along with native 12Gb SAS 3.0 technology to build up the next generation storage platform to the highest standard.
Innovative design includes dual host cards, dual on-board 10GBase-T ports, M.2 flash and super capacitor modules for memory protection, and Wake-on-SAS. Not only performance can be scaled by adding a second SAN controller or adding a second host card, but the storage capacity can be scaled with DAS expansion enclosures.
The core technology of ULYS SAN product family is the operating system, which delivers comprehensive storage functionalities. Especially it is optimized to support SSD Cache and Auto Tiering to fully leverage the advantages of SSD drives and construct a high cost performance hybrid storage system.
• High Performance SAN storage system with Dual-Active (Active/Active) controller
• High availability design with no single point of failure • 5th generation Intel® 4-core processor, up to 128GB RAM per controller
• Latest 12Gb SAS 3.0 technology
• Built-in 10GbE iSCSI
• Up to 12,000MB/s sequential read and 8,000MB/s sequential write throughput, up to 1.1 million sequential IOPS
• Scale up solution supports over 4.3PB of raw storage capacity
• Advanced Storage Management
- Thin Provisioning
- SSD Cache (read and write cache)
- Auto Tiering
• Flexible I/O host cards for iSCSI SAN or Fibre Channel SAN
• Local clone and remote replication for disaster recovery
• Virtualization support for VMware VAAI, Microsoft Hyper-V ODX, and Citrix
• Cache-to-Flash memory protection technology
The ULYS SAN series features a wide range of form factors including a 24-bay, 4U 3.5” LFF chassis (ULYS 2D-24 SAN and ULYS 1D-24 SAN), 3U 16-bay (ULYS 2D-16 SAN and ULYS 1D-16 SAN), 2U 12-bay (ULYS 2D-12 SAN and ULYS 1D-12 SAN), and a 26-bay, 2U 2.5” SFF chassis (ULYS 2D-26 SAN and ULYS 1D-26 SAN).
This allows for more deployment flexibility to meet users’ budgets and rack density limitations. Through the modular I/O expansion slot, the ULYS SAN series models can be easily configured as iSCSI SAN storage or Fibre Channel SAN storage, or even a hybrid of the two.